PURELIFE's Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata) is from the United States and is 100% Pure and of Therapeutic Quality.
Spearmint Essential Oil is also called “green mint” or “our lady’s mint”. It is a more mild and gentler oil than its cousin, Peppermint Essential Oil. Spearmint is much lower in its menthol content (0.5%) compared to Peppermint (40%). Thus, Spearmint Essential Oil is less overpowering than Peppermint, but it still retains many of the same therapeutic properties with a sweeter, more floral aroma.
Spearmint Essential Oil is used to combat headaches, muscle pain, and nausea, and to relieve symptoms of nervousness, fatigue, and digestive complaints. It has carminative, emenagogue, cephalic, antiseptic, and restorative properties. This oil is also a great natural insecticide.
Our Spearmint Essential Oil blends well with other floral and herbal scents such as rosemary, eucalyptus, basil, clary sage, and lavender.
Spearmint Essential Oil can be a skin irritant, so always dilute in a carrier oils in a carrier oil such as coconut or jojoba oils, use about 5% Spearmint Essential Oil to 95% carrier oil. For migraines and headaches, try diluting with evening primrose oil for shoulder and temple massage.
Spearmint Essential Oil contains alcohols, oxides, esters, alpha-and beta-pinene, hydrocarbons, and ketones, menthol, linalool, cavone, caryophyllene, cineole, limonene, and myrcene.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not ingest essential oils.
- Do not apply to sensitive areas such as the eyes or mucous membranes.
- Dilute before applying to the skin.
- The information on this site is should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical conditions. Essential oils are not an appropriate treatment of illnesses.
- Contact your doctor if you are pregnant, nursing or for use on children before using essential oils.
- The information on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA.