PURELIFE's Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophylatta) is from Madagascar and is 100% pure Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil – extracted by the steam distillation of the buds.
Clove is a familiar spice that comes from a tall evergreen tree. In order to harvest the clove buds the tree trunks are beaten, which causes the buds to fall naturally to the ground. After the buds are gathered and dried, through steam distillation the oil is extracted. Clove Bud Essential Oil is most frequently used in the medical and perfume industries.
Clove Bud Essential Oil’s main ingredient is eugenoL, which is a common ingredient used by dentists and as a home remedy for dental pain relief because of it’s natural analgaesic and antiseptic properties. Our Clove Bud Oil consists of 60–90% eugenol, caryophyllene, and eugenyl acetate.
Clove Bud Essential Oil has strong analgesic and antiseptic properties and has been used to fight infections and for relief of nausea, flatulence, and arthritis.
Clove is believed to be one of the earliest ancient spices traded, originating in Indonesia. It is believed to be an aid in spiritual awakening and has been popular in Chinese medicine for years.
Clove Bud Essential Oil can be a mild skin irritant.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not ingest essential oils.
- Do not apply to sensitive areas such as the eyes or mucous membranes.
- Dilute before applying to the skin.
- The information on this site is should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical conditions. Essential oils are not an appropriate treatment of illnesses.
- Contact your doctor if you are pregnant, nursing or for use on children before using essential oils.
- The information on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA.