PURELIFE's Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) Oil is a 100% Pure Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil.
Clary Sage is a short, bushy perennial or biennial plant with heart shaped leaves and is native to the Mediterranean. When it blooms it has small blue flowers. It is often called “clary wort”, “bright eye”, and “clear eye” in folk medicine.
Our Therapeutic Quality Clary Sage Essential Oil is grown in Russia The oil is extracted from the fresh flowers (never from the leaves) by steam distillation. This pale yellow-green, colorless oil has a sweet, nutty floral aroma. Clary Sage combines well with citrus oils such as Bergamot, spicy oils such as Cardamom, Ginger, Frankincense, Geranium, and woody oils such as Juniper, Pine, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, and Vetiver.
Though Clary Sage Essential Oil is non-toxic and a non-irritant, it has been known to cause unpleasant effects when used with alcohol. It also may intensify the effects of pain medication. Women who are pregnant should not use Clary Sage, as there are histories of premature contractions, miscarriages, etc. It might also cause drowsiness.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not ingest essential oils.
- Do not apply to sensitive areas such as the eyes or mucous membranes.
- Dilute before applying to the skin.
- The information on this site is should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical conditions. Essential oils are not an appropriate treatment of illnesses.
- Contact your doctor if you are pregnant, nursing or for use on children before using essential oils.
- The information on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA.