PURELIFE's Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia) is from Italy and is a 100% Pure Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil.
FCF is an industry standard meaning the phototoxic components such as furocoumarins, have been removed. Rarely is an essential oil “altered,” but the risk of sunburn with Bergomot is severe enough that we decided to choose this alternative which is more safe in it’s phototoxicity. FCF Bergamot is safer because it does not pose the risk for causing serious sunburn and other consequences of photoxicity, which is present in a “whole” Bergamot essential oil.
Our Bergamot FCF essential oil has a light and fresh scent with wonderful notes of citrus.
Bergamot is named for the city where it was originally cultivated, Bergamot, Italy. The bergamot tree is an evergreen orange tree, which is a hybrid of the Seville orange (Citrus bergamia) and the pear-lemon tree (Citrus limetta.) This is a popular oil in the perfume industry. Bergamot oil has a fresh, spicy citrus aroma, yet it is light and rich. You might recognize it because of its role as a distinct ingredient in Earl Grey tea. Our Bergamot FCF essential oil is produced from the rind after it has ripened and dried. Its peel is then cold pressed.
It is rumored that Christopher Columbus discovered the bergamot tree in the Canary Islands where it was growing wild. He then introduced this fragrant tree to Spain and Italy. Then Bergamot essential oil became vital to Italian folk medicine. In the 17th century it was one of the original main ingredients in the famous Eau de Cologne produced in Germany.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not ingest essential oils.
- Do not apply to sensitive areas such as the eyes or mucous membranes.
- Dilute before applying to the skin.
- The information on this site is should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical conditions. Essential oils are not an appropriate treatment of illnesses.
- Contact your doctor if you are pregnant, nursing or for use on children before using essential oils.
- The information on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA.